Uckfield Police Station

Photo:The re-opening of Uckfield police Station, 2006

The re-opening of Uckfield police Station, 2006

By John Dibley

Uckfield Police Station was built in 1904. Over the years adjacent police housing was pressed into service as offices but in 2005, a complete refurbishment of the complex was completed and opened by the High Sherrif of East Sussex, Mr David Tate.

The Museum holds the original enquiry office table provided to the station in 1904 and a set of enamel washing and drinking utensils.

This page was added by Jo Blake on 27/03/2007.