Sussex Police photo Archive 1930

OPCM

The junction of West Street and Kings Road, around 1930. Traffic duty at this spot would be slightly more hectic today. In 1927, Brighton had been the first town to control traffic using semaphore signals. Electrically operated signal arms displayed the word "STOP" and were automatically illuminated at night. The system was controlled by a Constable in a central stand.

 

Photo: Illustrative image for the '' page

This page was added by Paul Beaken on 04/12/2015.